Meet Gen H Legal
Save money with the first-time buyer bundle
If your client's a first-time buyer, they can get access to a lower interest rate and a free valuation if they choose Gen H Legal as their conveyancer.
Help your clients experience a new standard of conveyancing from the Gen H team you trust.
Conveyancing shouldn't be a nightmare
The conveyancing process has been broken for a long time. We’re redesigning it to work for everyone. With Gen H Legal, your clients will work with a dedicated conveyancer and receive proactive, jargon-free updates throughout their whole home-buying journey – all for one transparent price.
Your customers can learn more about Gen H Legal at www.genhlegal.com.
Gen H Legal prices
Gen H Legal offers a simple, transparent pricing structure so your clients know exactly what they’re paying for.
Conveyancing legal fees:
- Freehold from £1,250 + VAT
- Leasehold from £1,455 + VAT
These conveyancing fees pay for the time your client’s conveyancer will spend working on their case.
Third party costs:
- Stamp duty land tax (HMRC SDLT Calculator)
- Land registry (HM Land Registry Fee calculator)
- Searches (local, environmental and drainage checks etc.) £150.25 + VAT
- Chancel indemnity insurance of £10
This list of third party costs is not exhaustive, and others may apply to your client’s purchase. Third party costs will vary depending on the circumstances of your client’s purchase. Try the calculators above to learn more about what they might pay.
The total amount your client will pay to Gen H Legal will cover the fees for the legal services plus the third party costs that are relevant to your client’s purchase.
How to instruct Gen H Legal
After you select the first-time buyer bundle in product selection, Gen H Legal will automatically be selected as your client’s conveyancer. From there, we’ll take care of the rest.
- We’ll reach out to your client directly to onboard them.
- They’ll enter into a separate contract with Gen H Legal.
- They’ll need to pay £500 up front and the remainder of the costs upon completion.
- The contact information of your client’s conveyancer will be available in the customer dashboard should any questions arise.
- We execute the conveyancing process and exchange contracts with the seller.
- Your clients get their keys.
This bundle is only available to first-time buyers who have chosen Gen H Legal as their conveyancer. If, after we make an offer, your client isn’t happy with Gen H Legal’s services, they can switch to a different solicitor and keep the other perks of this bundle. However, there may still be fees your client has to pay to Gen H Legal for the cost of services already performed, and the reason for switching needs to be justifiable or they may not be able to keep their bundle rate. For more detailed information, refer to Gen H Legal’s Discontinued Transaction Charges.