Intermediaries Terms of Business
The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. This document is intended by them to be given to consumers who buy certain financial products. You must read this document as it explains the service we are able to offer and highlights any limitations.
Please download and review our full Intermediary Terms of Business:
We will guide you through your mortgage application, from Underwriting to Mortgage Offer and Completion. Once we have received your submitted application, we will send you confirmation and will keep you informed throughout the process, either by text, email, phone call or letter.
If you start a mortgage application but do not complete it, you will be contacted with tips and advice on how to complete your mortgage application.
The loan approval process begins with Underwriting. This is when we assess whether we can lend to you and, if so, how much you can afford to borrow.
Once Underwriting is complete, we will supply you with a Mortgage Offer. You will need to review and approve this document. Once we receive your signed approval, we will then work to complete the process.
Completion is the drawdown of funds. This is when we release the money for your mortgage.
We can only advise on, and offer, our own mortgage products. According to your preferences and circumstances, we will recommend suitable mortgage products and prepare a mortgage illustration for you that explains the recommended product. Please take the time to review this document carefully and ask any questions.
Once you have received advice, you are free to submit your application for a mortgage.
We are responsible for identifying a suitable mortgage product for you. You are responsible for providing us with accurate and up-to-date information to assist in this process.
We do not charge a fee for our mortgage advice, but other taxes or costs relating to the house purchase may be payable even though they are not paid through us or imposed by us.
If we can't work with you
We may refuse to proceed with an application if:
- Your chosen product is no longer available and a suitable alternative mortgage cannot be sourced/provided;
- There has been a pricing or description error and an alternative product cannot be sourced/provided;
- The documentation you provide cannot be verified;
- You do not provide the documentation we require within a particular timeframe, which we may determine from time to time;
- We believe that you are unlikely to be suitable for a mortgage product that we can provide;
- We have reason to believe that information you have provided to us is inaccurate or misleading;
- We have reason to believe that you have made a high volume of applications and/or have repeatedly applied and withdrawn these applications;
- You fail our Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) due diligence processes;
- The application appears to be for purposes that do not fit within the scope of our service (including as set out in these terms);
- The application is for an address outside of England and Wales.
If we are unable process your application, we will contact you at the earliest possible opportunity to inform you.
You agree that we may act on your behalf in liaising with any third parties involved in the mortgage application process.
You may withdraw your mortgage application at any time before your mortgage has been entered into by contacting us via your customer dashboard on our website. You can also call our help desk on 03301741282 or email us at email@example.com
Please note any non-refundable fees already paid by you may not be refunded if you cancel an application.
Instructions and termination
Normally, we can accept instructions either verbally or in writing when you complete the relevant application form and sign the appropriate declaration. Where you have a right to cancel, we will notify you of this in writing. These Terms of Business can be terminated at any time by either side in writing, without prior notice and without penalty. This will be effective from the date that any notification is received. However, if transactions already initiated remain outstanding, the notification will only be valid once these transactions have been completed. There is no right to cancellation once the property purchase has completed and or the funds have been drawn. You will have the right to repay the loan (an early repayment charge may be applicable).
We will hold the personal information provided by you securely and in confidence in our computerised and manual records.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the following:
- Any information we hold about you can be held on computer and/or paper files;
- Any information which you give us may be disclosed to selected third parties or group companies for the purpose of administration as permitted by law, as part of our legitimate interests, or as per our contract with you.
- You have consent to disclose any other applicant(s) personal details to us.
We will, if required by you or your agent, supply copies of all appropriate documentation and copies of entries in books, records and computerised records relating to you. Please note that telephone calls may be recorded and used for training, or regulatory purposes.
Please see our Privacy Notice for more details regarding how we look after your Personal Data and your rights in relation to your personal data.
Amendments to our Terms of Business
If we need to make any changes to these terms, we’ll tell you.
Any changes to the Terms of Business will be sent to you within 10 working days of your meeting with one of our mortgage advisers.
We reserve the right to amend the Terms of Business without your consent, but we will give you notice of at least 10 business days’ before conducting any relevant business, unless we consider it impracticable to do so under the circumstances at the time.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. All disputes arising under or in relation to this Agreement shall be the subject of the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
If at any time you are having difficulty, or are unable to make your mortgage payment, please contact us.
Imagine Mortgages Limited t/a Generation Home, Exmouth House, London, EC1R 0JH. Company registration number: 1146598