Gen H Refer a Friend Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions “we”, “us”, “our”, “Generation Home” and “Gen H” refers to Imagine Mortgages Limited t/a Generation Home and “you” and “your” refers to our customers.
What is the Gen H Refer A Friend programme?
- Gen H is running a Refer A Friend programme to give customers (a “Referrer”) the ability to receive a referral fee of £500 when they recommend the service to their friends and family (each a “Referee”) and the Referee completes a purchase or remortgage transaction with us. The Referrer will receive an email on how to claim the £500 referral fee within 60 days following completion of the Referee’s mortgage with Gen H.
- Referees will also be eligible to receive a £500 fee. An email on how to claim this fee will be sent within 60 days following completion of the Referee’s mortgage with Gen H.
Who is eligible?
- Referrers must be existing customers that already have a mortgage with us (this includes Owners, Income Boosters and Deposit Boosters), or customers that have received a mortgage offer from us and are in the conveyancing stage. This includes customers that came to us directly as well as those that came via a broker.
- A Referee must be a new customer to Gen H and cannot have received a mortgage offer from us before. Where there is more than 1 applicant on the mortgage application (this includes other Owners, Income Boosters and Deposit Boosters), no applicant can have received a mortgage offer from us.
- To be eligible Referees have to apply for a mortgage with us directly through our Gen H advisors (i.e. not via a broker or intermediary).
- There are no limits on the number of referrals you can make as a Referrer, and subject to the Exclusions listed below, you will receive £500 cash for each successful individual referral.
- You cannot refer existing customers i.e. anyone that has received a mortgage offer from us previously. If the Referee is buying with others, none of the mortgage applicants can have previously received a mortgage offer from us.
- You cannot refer yourself to participate in the programme.
- You cannot refer a buying group you are involved in i.e. referring someone else on an application you will be a part of.
- Brokers cannot be a Referrer unless they are a direct customer with us i.e. they have received a mortgage offer for themselves via our Gen H advisors.
- You cannot refer Gen H employees.
- You cannot refer someone who applies for a mortgage with Gen H as part of the Employee Benefit Programme as a Referee cannot be eligible for both schemes. The Referee must choose either this scheme or a mortgage product made available to them under the Employee Benefit Programme (for further details of the Employee Benefit Programme please see employee-benefit).
- A Referee cannot be referred to us by multiple customers meaning that a single Referee can only be eligible for one referral payment of £500.
How it works
- You will only be eligible for the £500 referral fee if your Referee applies for a mortgage with us directly through our Gen H advisors. You will not be eligible if your Referee decides to progress an application with us via an intermediary/broker.
- Referees must let us know they have been referred during their initial advice call in order to be eligible for the referral fee and must share the name and email address of the Referrer.
- If your Referee does not during their initial advice call confirm to us that you referred them to us then neither you or your Referee will be eligible for the £500 referral fee. We won’t accept referrals that are highlighted to us once a mortgage offer has been issued to the Referee.
- By participating in this programme you are agreeing to receive emails relating to specific referrals you have made.
- By participating in this programme your Referee agrees that we will notify you that you are eligible for the £500 referral fee if your Referee completes a mortgage with us. We cannot provide you with any details of your Referee’s mortgage, we will simply confirm your eligibility for the £500 after completion of the Referee’s mortgage.
- If your Referee decides to opt out of this referral arrangement after their advice call or they do not proceed to complete a mortgage with us we will notify you by email that you are no longer eligible for the £500 referral fee. We will not provide you with any details of the Referee’s circumstances or confirm specifically why you are no longer eligible.
Payment of the referral fee
- Payment to both parties will only happen when the Referee successfully completes on their mortgage with Gen H. If a case doesn’t get through underwriting, the mortgage offer expires or completion falls through then we will not be able to pay the referral fee.
- Within 60 days following completion of the Referee’s mortgage with Gen H we will send you and your Referee an email to let you know how to claim your £500 referral fee.
- The £500 will be sent to you within 14 days of you responding to us to confirm receipt of our email notification that you are eligible for the £500 and verifying your bank account details to enable us to make the payment.
- The £500 will be sent to your Referee within 14 days of the Referee responding to us to confirm receipt of our email notification that they are eligible for the £500 and verifying their bank account details to enable us to make the payment.
- There is one Referrer and Referee allowed per mortgage application. In cases where there are multiple individuals on the mortgage we will only pay the £500 referral fee to a single individual in the buying group:
- The Referrer is an individual in the buying group who receives the £500 referral fee, you cannot refer as a group of individuals.
- Only 1 applicant per buying group is eligible to be the Referee and receive the £500 referral fee. A single buying group can’t receive multiple referrals or multiple referral fees.
Abuse of the referral terms
- Gen H has the right to refuse to pay you the referral fee if Gen H suspects you haven’t used the Refer A Friend programme in good faith or are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not:
- use the Refer A Friend programme in any way that breaks any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation, or that’s unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- use the Refer A Friend programme to send any unwanted or unauthorised advertising or promotional material (ie. spam).
- When there has been a breach of the referral terms, Gen H may take such action as we believe appropriate, including (but not limited to) ending this agreement and suspending the Refer A Friend programme without warning and with immediate effect.
- Referrers can also be employees that have worked for Gen H for at least 6 months. They do not need to have a mortgage with Gen H.
- Gen H employees cannot refer:
- Other Gen H employees
- A buying group where anyone in the group is an employee of Gen H