Effective: 20th March 2023
- These Terms set out the rules and obligations that apply to your use of the Homebuying Reports and throughout the document we will refer to these rules as “Terms”.
- In these Terms, “Customers”, “you” and “your” refers to our customers.
- In these Terms “Gen H”, “we”, “us”, “our” and “Generation Home” refers to Imagine Mortgages Limited (company number 11465987) of Unit 80 Exmouth House Pine Street London EC1R 0JH. We are a mortgage lender which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and on the Financial Services Register (921355). You can contact us at through our web chat or by phone on 020 3936 9685., by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at Data Protection Officer, Generation Home, Exmouth House, 3-11 Pine Street, London, England, EC1R 0JH.*INSERT LINK*.
- In these Terms “Property” is referring to the property you have described to us in accordance with the Process outlined below. A property is only eligible for a Property Report if it is situated in England and Wales.
2. Acceptance of the terms
By accepting these Terms, you confirm that you agree to comply with them.
- If you do not agree to these Terms then you cannot proceed with the request for a Homebuying Report.
- We recommend that you download and store a copy of these Terms for future reference as they form a legally binding agreement between you and us.
- By accepting these Terms you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age, you are living in England and Wales and you are not a Gen H employee or a mortgage broker who submits mortgage applications to Gen H. If this is not true then you are not eligible for the Homebuying Report service.
- You confirm that any information you supply to us is true, accurate, complete and current.
- You accept that we allow a maximum of five (5) Homebuying Reports per Customer.
- Homebuying Reports are made available to you free of charge.
- You will be eligible for the Homebuying Report services for a period of 12 months.
- You accept that we are entitled to suspend or terminate your access to and ability to request Homebuying Reports without notice and at our sole discretion.
- Our website may give you the option to choose the Homebuying Report service and we may also correspond with you via email to determine if you want a Homebuying Report.
- Part of the process for producing a Homebuying Report relies on you providing us with the necessary Property information.
- If any information you supply to us is incomplete or incomprehensible we will be unable to provide a Homebuying Report until the correct information has been provided.
- We retain the right to vary the process for producing the Homebuying Reports and we will explain all the steps you need to take in our communications with you
3. Your responsibilities
- We are not providing a valuation of the Property and it is your responsibility to obtain professional advice before taking any action in relation to the Property.
- We have provided the Homebuying Report to you for general information purposes and neither you nor any third parties should place reliance on the Homebuying Report.
- You agree not to:
- Use our Homebuying Report in breach of any policy or other notice we have given to you;
- Tamper or change any content, formatting or designs in the Homebuying Reports;
- Attempt to copy our data or designs;
- Use our Homebuying Reports in any manner that is illegal, immoral, in breach of any regulation or harmful to us (including to commit any fraud against us);
- Remove or alter any copyright notices within our Homebuying Report;
- Publish any material from the Homebuying Report that may result in a breach of any relevant laws or regulations.
4. Our responsibilities
- When signing up to these terms you consent to receive marketing communications from us and our group companies, but we will ensure you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time.
- We have included the publicly available information in the Homebuying Report in good faith but we have not verified the information and we make no representations or guarantees about the accuracy of the information.
5. Disclaimer and liability
- The content of the Homebuying Report is for general information only based on publicly available data relating to the Property which may be inaccurate or incomplete. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- We accept no responsibility and give no guarantee that the Homebuying Reports will be fault free or will be delivered in a timely manner.
- We accept no responsibility if a Homebuying Report cannot be provided due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- To the extent permitted by law we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of our Homebuying Report.
- You agree to indemnify us and our affiliated companies, shareholders, officers, directors and employees harmless from any claims or demands, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Homebuying Reports or the violation of these Terms, or the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any other person or entity.
6. Intellectual property
- We have referenced the sources of publicly available information within the Homebuying Report.
- Our logos, together with our trademarks, may not be copied or reproduced without our prior written consent.
- We are the owner of any intellectual property rights arising from any original content and designs in the Homebuying Report. All rights are reserved.
7. Disputes and governing law
- Please note that these Terms are governed by English law.
- In accepting these Terms you agree that in the event of a dispute or claim it will be determined in the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we first agree to this in writing.
- We can transfer our contract with you without giving you any notice, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying the Homebuying Report.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
- If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
- Even if we delay enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later.
- We shall not be responsible for any breach of these terms caused by circumstances beyond our control.
9. Feedback and complaints
- We try to ensure that all customer feedback is dealt with fairly and consistently and we aim to acknowledge all customer feedback. You can send feedback to us through web chat on our website, by email or by letter.
- We endeavour to provide our customers with excellent service. If something has gone wrong, we’d appreciate the opportunity to fix it. You can lodge a complaint through the following channels:
- ~~On our webchat
- ~~Email us at email@example.com
- ~~Write to us at: Complaints, Generation Home, Exmouth House, London EC1R 0JH. If you are unhappy with the service
- As a mortgage lender we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and there are strict rules that we must abide by. This means that your complaint will be handled in a way that is fair and consistent.
- We will give you a complaint reference number, that will be there from opening to resolution. You should keep a record of this reference number and refer to it when speaking to us about your complaint.
- We will then investigate your complaint thoroughly and identify a solution, before providing you with a response.
- We will work to provide a solution to your complaint within three working days. If this is the case, we will send you a Summary Resolution Communication. This will give you the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) details and let you know that we consider your complaint resolved.
- If we need longer to investigate your complaint, we will send you a complaint acknowledgment within three working days and we will send you a final response within eight weeks, once we have finished exploring a complaint resolution for you.
- If you are not satisfied with the complaint response, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within six months of receiving your final response.
- You can fill out the Financial Ombudsman Service online form here. Or you can also phone them on +44 800 023 4567.